Monday, May 15, 2023

How can I mount Object Storage as NFS target on Windows with rclone?

This is one of the most common requirements: How can I mount Oracle Object Storage as an NFS target on my Windows environment? Normally this is done with Storage Gateway on Linux environments, but unfortunately Windows operating system is not supported yet. Next best thing is to use rclone . So here is how to do it.

1First I start with prerequisities, install oci cli as described on the link and get it working

2I also needed to install WinFsp .

3Download rclone , unzip and put on your PATH.

4Configure rclone as described here

5Usage is simple. All commands are listed here . Assuming that your remote is named as remote:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Putting it altogether: How to deploy scalable and secure APEX on OCI

Oracle APEX is very popular, and it is one of the most common usecases that I see with my customers. Oracle Architecture Center offers a re...